Fun Images - Making A Rainbow Graphic

Here are a couple of fun images for you:

nat_fun_image

abigail_fun_image

fun_image

Here is how you can make your own:


  • First choose a file with good contrast.
  • I open mine in Camera Raw and help the contrast along by altering Exposure, Contrast, Clarity, and Blacks. Here is a file straight out of Camera Raw:

    fun_image_out_of_camera_raw_steps

     

  • Now choose Add Adjustment Layer Button (circle with half black/half white) and Threshhold.

    fun_image_threshold_step

     

  • This will create a two color (black and white) image of your original. Adjust to your liking.
  • Now, depending on how clean my image turns out, I would go and clean up the blacks a little by hand. To do this Flatten your image (Layer > Flatten Image) and choose the paintbrush tool and paint over any black with white that is distracting.
  • Here is my cleaned up and cropped version.

    fun_image_cropped_steps

     

  • Next ALT-Add Adjustment Layer Button and Gradient.
  • Adjust your gradient to your liking.

    fun_image_gradient_steps

    NOTE:I made my gradient a rainbow as it seemed to fit the pictures of my kids. You can choose any gradient you want. A more subtle gradient would work great too.

     

  • You're done. Just flatten your image and save. Sometimes I'll run a mild unsharp mask just because I'm addicted to unsharp, but you don't have to.


fun_image_sisters

This is my final image.

No comments: